What Is POTS??

What Is POTS??

Friday, August 12, 2016

New Blood Pressure Monitor

When I was in the hospital last week, the first ER doctor that I saw said, "I'm not a big fan of patients taking their own blood pressure at home." He then went on to say that the reason was that they would fixate on their blood pressure and as a result, their blood pressure would be elevated and not accurate due to stressing. The implication being, that people are generally too stupid to do it at home.

I had been taking my blood pressure because my doctor and my rheumatologist had told me to. Then when I went to see my doctor yesterday, she said that my blood pressure monitor might not be accurate, since she got lower readings in the office.

I had been anticipating this. So earlier in the week, I went on Amazon and ordered a new one. It works with an app on my phone and is supposed to be medical grade equipment. It has excellent reviews. It is very simple to use.

Here's a link to it: iHealth Ease Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor for Apple and Android


No comments:

Post a Comment