What Is POTS??

What Is POTS??

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Full of Piss and Vinegar?

A few months ago I went to the ER and they said I had a urinary tract infection AND shingles. And then more recently, I was in the hospital for bradycardia and low blood pressure, probably orthostatic tachycardia. While I was in there, they said I had another UTI. And then I had a third hospitalization.Needless to say, I am suffering from dehydration and have been pushing fluids.

I also have an ongoing problem of kidney stones, which means I am always trying to push fluids. Last week I did a 24-hour urine collection for my urologist because he repeats them every few months to monitor my urine calcium levels, to try to prevent the stones I already have from getting bigger and new ones from forming. And then two days later my internal medical doctor ordered another 24-hour urine study so that she could check my catecholamine levels.

This meme is my life this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment