What Is POTS??

What Is POTS??

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Hyperadrenergic POTS

I have to share this great post here. I also put it on my facebook PAGE. I think this might be the type of POTS I have. Now to get a local doctor to do the right kind of test.
How would a doctor determine if I have Hyperadrenergic POTS?”: All About Catecholamine Testing in POTS

My facebook page gets some posts that aren't here because it's easier to just share them to my page than to blog them. I Hate Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia

Things that can throw the test off

Some common medications, foods, and beverages may interfere with catecholamine blood test results. Coffee, tea, and chocolate will make your catecholamine levels rise. Over-the-counter (OTC) medications like allergy medicine, might also interfere with the results. Your doctor should give you a list of things to avoid before your test. Make sure to tell your doctor all of the prescription and OTC medicines you’re taking.

Even small amounts of stress affect catecholamine levels in the blood, some people’s levels may rise just because they’re nervous about having a blood test.

http://www.healthline.com/health/catecholamines-blood#Outcomes7

How To Prepare For A Catecholamine blood test

https://lethargicsmiles.wordpress.com  Had a very helpful link that shows that the catecholamine blood test is standard testing for hyperadrenergic POTS, or POTS in general. Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology--Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)




No comments:

Post a Comment